Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Plucked from the slush pile?

Today I had just taken my Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook off the shelf ready for another long trudge through the lists to find a publisher, when the postman dropped a familiar looking brown A4 envelope through the door.

I have learnt not to get too excited when this happens. It started out in the usual way; thanking me for my story submission. Then came one of those dreaded negative words - 'however'. My hopes started to fade as I read on, but then I realised that they weren't turning it down, just asking for a small revision. Not only that but they were asking for more stories to include in the book, and discussing illustrations.

I started to read through my manuscript to see what needed changing (a few minor changes which I am happy to do), and managed to calm my excitement enough to make a start at penciling in some ideas.

At last there is light at the end of the tunnel! And...

Sales of: The Monster Under the Bed have picked up again for Christmas.

Watch this space!