Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas fairs in York

A very successful day for Lost in a Book at my book signing in York at the weekend in Belfrey Hall on Stonegate in York's city centre.
Lost in a Book in York


The Christmas lights were twinkling in Stonegate and Christmas shoppers were out in force looking for something special, and York never disappoints, with a wealth of independent traders and festive fairs.

It's nice to know that among all the high tech presents getting wrapped up this Christmas, there'll be lots of my books - and yes a quite a few sheep... The sheep all went to new homes at the weekend, so now I need to go on an emergency wool shopping trip in order not to disappoint at my next book signing.

I've also been shopping for bags - and after getting carried away looking at polka dot bags, stripey bags, bags with Christmas trees on... I got a reality check at the checkout, and bought some less expensive ones instead. As an independent author and publisher I have to spend my money wisely, and the place for quality is in my products, not in fancy packaging that's only going to get thrown away...

No comments: